- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
An easy 25-minute drive north from the international airport takes you to the entrance road to Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary at Mile 30.8 of the Goldson Highway. From there it's another 2 miles (3 km) on an unpaved causeway to the sanctuary visitor center and Crooked Tree village. If you don't have a rental car, any of the frequent non-express buses going north to Orange Walk or Corozal will drop you at the entrance road, but you'll have to hike across the causeway to the village (or arrange a pickup by your Crooked Tree hotel). Jex buses leave from the corner of Regent Street West and West Canal Street in Belize City and go directly to the village, currently three times daily except Sunday (BZ$4).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's