- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Corozal Town is the last stop on the Northern Highway before the Mexico border. There's frequent bus service from early morning to early evening on the Northern Highway from Belize City. Maya Island Air and Tropic Air have a total of 10 daily flights to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, but no other scheduled air service. A twice-daily water taxi operated by San Pedro-Belize Express Water Taxi runs between Corozal Town and San Pedro with a stop on demand at Sarteneja.
Corozal District has become a hot spot for expats seeking property for retirement and snowbirds looking for a vacation home. Several hundred foreign expats live in Corozal District, and the numbers are growing. They're attracted by the home prices—a two-bedroom, modern home in a nice area near the water can go for less than US$150,000, though you can always pay more. An expat "friendship luncheon" is held the second Tuesday of every month at 1:30 pm at the Purple Toucan Restaurant and Bar, 7th Avenue South in Corozal Town. Newcomers and wannabes welcome.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe