- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Altun Ha is easily visited on your own—if you have a car. From Belize City, drive north on the Goldson Highway to Mile 18.9; turn right on the Old Northern Highway and go 10½ miles (17 km). The Old Northern Highway is a mix of gravel areas, broken pavement, and paved sections. The turnoff from the Old Northern Highway to Altun Ha, on the left, is well marked. If coming from Corozal or Orange Walk, you can also enter the Old Northern Highway at Mile 49 of the Goldson Highway. There's limited bus service from Belize City to Maskall Village near Altun Ha.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's