- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Karl Heusner Memorial, a public hospital, is the main medical center in the country. It offers generally competent and affordable care, though for serious injuries and illnesses many Belizeans who can afford it prefer to go to Miami or Houston or to Mexico or Guatemala. Belize Medical Associates and Belize Healthcare Partners are small private hospitals. Karl Heusner Memorial and Belize Medical Associates have 24-hour emergency rooms. Brodie's Pharmacy, at Market Square and on the Northern Highway, is open daily (hours vary). Belize Medical Associates Pharmacy has a pharmacist on call 24 hours.
In an emergency, dial 911. In Belize City only, for ambulance and fire, dial 90.
Belize Healthcare Partners Limited (Chancellor and Blue Marlin Ave., Belize City. 223/7870. www.belizehealthcare.com.)
Belize Medical Associates (5791 St. Thomas St., King's Park, Belize City. 223/0303. www.belizemedical.com.)
Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital (Princess Margaret Dr., Belize City. 223/1548.)
Belize Medical Associates Pharmacy (5791 St. Thomas St., King's Park, Belize City. 223/0302.)
Brodie's Pharmacy (Regent St. at Market Sq., Belize City. 223/7070. Mile 2 1/2, Goldson Hwy., formerly Northern Hwy. 223/5587. www.brodiesbelize.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's