- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Cabs cost BZ$7–BZ$10 for one person between any two points in the city, plus BZ$1 for each additional person. Outside the city, and from downtown to the suburbs, you'll be charged by distance traveled. Traveling between the international airport and any point in the city (including the businesses and hotels along the Northern Highway) is BZ$50 (for the taxi, not per person). There are no meters, so be sure to agree on a price before you leave. Authorized taxis have green license plates. You can find taxis in the Market Square area near the Swing Bridge and at the Novelo’s bus terminal, or hotels will call them for you (preferred, since the hotel people know the dependable drivers). Otherwise, for pickup, call Cinderella Plaza Taxi Stand if you are in the downtown area or Belcan Taxi Stand if you are on the north end of the city.
Belcan Taxi Stand (Belcan Taxi Stand, Belize City. 223/2916.)
Cinderella Plaza Taxi Stand (Freetown Rd., near Douglas Jones St., Belize City. 223/0371 or 223/1612.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's