- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Dit's Saloon Review
Probably the oldest restaurant in Belize City, Dit's is also one of the homiest, with simple, home-style Creole and Mestizo dishes. And it's cheap—it's hard to pay more than BZ$8 or $10 for stew chicken with rice and beans or a plate of garnaches or tamales. The baked goods are delicious—order a coconut cupcake to go. Bottom line: Dit's is unpretentious and authentic.
- Address: 50 King St., off Albert St.Commercial District, Belize City,
- Phone: 227/3330
- Location: Belize City
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $128+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $196/night less
- Belize City Savings! Book at Princess & Casino Fr $109+/Nt Expedia
- Belize City on Sale! 8 Nts + Air as Low as $1,143 Travelocity
- $369+: 7-Nt Caribbean Cruise Incl. Belize & Cozumel, Save 70% ShermansTravel
- Book Now & Save! Belize City Fr $131+/Nt — $131 Travelocity
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Think we have narrowed down Belize as our destination for our 10 year anniversary this October. Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more