- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Black Orchid Resort
At a Glance
- Most upscale lodging near Baboon Sanctuary
- lovely riverside setting
- good food
- only 15 minutes from international airport
- Not directly in the Baboon Sanctuary
Check Rates from our Partners
Black Orchid Resort Review
This Belizean-owned resort in a pleasant and safe rural setting northwest of Belize City perches at the edge of the Belize River, where you can launch a canoe or kayak from the hotel's dock, or just laze about the riverside swimming pool and thatch palapa. The air-conditioned rooms (from around BZ$280, double in-season, plus tax) are large, with custom-made mahogany furnishings. The on-site restaurant serves good Belizean food (dinner around BZ$36).
- Address: 2 Dawson Ln., 12 mi (20 km) from Baboon Sanctuary Rural Belize District, Burrell Boom Village | Map It
- Phone: 225/9158; 866/437–1301 in U.S. and Canada
- Website: www.blackorchidresort.com
- Location: Belize City
- 16 rooms, 1 3-bedroom villa, 2 2-bedroom cabins.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Hello, There is a ton of great information on the forums. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more