- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Black Orchid Resort
At a Glance
- Most upscale lodging near Baboon Sanctuary
- lovely riverside setting
- good food
- only 15 minutes from international airport
- Not directly in the Baboon Sanctuary
Check Rates from our Partners
Black Orchid Resort Review
This Belizean-owned resort in a pleasant and safe rural setting northwest of Belize City perches at the edge of the Belize River, where you can launch a canoe or kayak from the hotel's dock, or just laze about the riverside swimming pool and thatch palapa. The air-conditioned rooms (from around BZ$280, double in-season, plus tax) are large, with custom-made mahogany furnishings. The on-site restaurant serves good Belizean food (dinner around BZ$36).
- Address: 2 Dawson Ln., 12 mi (20 km) from Baboon Sanctuary Rural Belize District, Burrell Boom Village | Map It
- Phone: 225/9158; 866/437–1301 in U.S. and Canada
- Website: www.blackorchidresort.com
- Location: Belize City
- 16 rooms, 1 3-bedroom villa, 2 2-bedroom cabins.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
Driving in July2014 to Belize, with our granddaughter, dog and slide on Camper. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more