- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Bliss Center for the Performing Arts
Bliss Center for the Performing Arts Review
The main venue for theater, dance, music, and the arts in Belize City is Bliss Center for the Performing Arts, which seats 600. It's rare to have more than one or two shows a week at the center, and most of these are local performances—a children's dance group or a young singer's debut concert. Concert organizers try to bring in performing talent from around the country, and on a Saturday night you could hear a Mayan singer from Toledo or a marimba band from Benque Viejo del Carmen. Most shows are in English, with Creole often mixed in. Ticket prices vary but typically range from BZ$10 to BZ$40. The Bliss Center is named after Baron Bliss, who died in 1926 while on his yacht off Belize City; he never set foot in Belize but donated his fortune to the country.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Thank you to everybody who responded to my previous post about Belize. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible ... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more