Belize City Hotels
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Belize City Hotel Reviews
Belize City has the country's largest hotels, though size is all relative in Belize. The Radisson, Princess, and Biltmore Plaza each have more than 75 rooms and strive, not always successfully, for an international standard. The city also has its share of small inns and B&Bs with character, such as the Great House, D'Nest Inn, and Villa Boscardi. Although easy on the pocketbook, the city's many budget and moderately priced hotels frequently have thin, inexpensive mattresses and scratchy sheets, and amenities such as room phones may be scarce. In Belize City, safety is an issue, especially at the cheaper hotels, so be sure to check that doors and windows securely lock and that the entrance is well lighted. In the downtown areas, don't walk around after dark, even in groups; always take a taxi.
Several of the city's best hotels are in the Fort George area, but there are also good choices in the northern suburbs between downtown and the international airport. The Commercial District on the South Side (south of Swing Bridge) has the largest number of budget hotels.
Browse Belize City Hotels
Browse Belize City Hotels By Location
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe