Golf in Belize City
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
There are no golf courses in Belize City, but there's a 9-hole course at Roaring River, near Belmopan a little over an hour west by car—it’s fun to play, and a bargain. The Caye Chapel course, foreclosed on by its lender, has recently reopened for play, but the course has not been well-maintained, there are no facilities for club or cart rental or even to get a cold drink or snack—until the course fully reopens under new ownership, it is not recommended except for hard-core duffers who want to experience Belize’s only seaside course.
Roaring River Golf Course. A little over an hour west of Belize City by car, Roaring River has a 9-hole "jungle course." Using the double tees, you can play 18 holes (par 64) totaling 3,892 yards. All greens are elevated and bunkered, and the fairways are lined with native trees. Water traps are home to crocodiles. Play 9 holes for BZ$35 or 18 holes for BZ$50. The Meating Place, a restaurant in the clubhouse with most entrees around BZ$30, is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you want to stay overnight and play more golf the next day, Roaring River has cottages to rent. Roaring River, River Lodge Rd., Belmopan City. Turn south at Camelote Village at Mile 50¼, George Price Hwy., and follow signs to golf course. 664/5441. www.belizegolf.net.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's