Golf in Belize City
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
There are no golf courses in Belize City, but there's a spectacular 18-hole course at Caye Chapel, about a half hour away by water taxi, or 10 minutes by plane. A 9-hole course at Roaring River, near Belmopan about an hour west by car, is fun to play, and a bargain.
Roaring River Golf Course. A little over an hour west of Belize City by car, Roaring River has a 9-hole "jungle course." Using the double tees, you can play 18 holes (par 64) totaling 3,892 yards. All greens are elevated and bunkered, and the fairways are lined with native trees. Water traps are home to crocodiles. Play 9 holes for BZ$35 or 18 holes for BZ$50. The Meating Place, a restaurant in the clubhouse with most entrees around BZ$30, is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you want to stay overnight and play more golf the next day, Roaring River has cottages to rent. Roaring River, River Lodge Rd., Belmopan City. Turn south at Camelote Village at Mile 50¼, George Price Hwy., and follow signs to golf course. 664/5441. www.belizegolf.net.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe