Diving and Water Sports in Belize City
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Diving and Water Sports
Belize Dive Connection. Based in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, and on Spanish Lookout Caye, a private island off Belize City, Belize Dive Connection also runs dive, snorkel, and some inland trips for cruise day visitors in Belize City. Belize Dive Connection can pick up cruise passengers directly from the ships docked offshore of Belize City. Dive trips to the Belize Barrier Reef, about 30–45 minutes away, cost around BZ$180–BZ$230 per person. Snorkel trips are around BZ$120–BZ$200 per person. Lower rates are available from San Pedro, which is closer to the reef. SunBreeze Beach Resort, San Pedro. 220/4020 office. www.belizediving.com.
Sea Sports Belize. Sea Sports, with an office downtown near the cruise ship tender docks, will take you to the Barrier Reef for diving (around BZ$225) or snorkeling (BZ$190). Most of their business is with cruise ships, but they also work with visitors staying in Belize City. 83 N. Front St., Belize City. 223/5505. www.seasportsbelize.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe