Sports and the Outdoors
The town's beaches are hugely popular in summertime. North Beach is the most popular, with shops and a little café along the promenade. The adjoining Harbour Beach is prettier and more secluded. Castle Beach is in a little cove where you can walk out to a small island at low tide. Past that is South Beach, which stretches for more than a mile.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Special deal: 3-Star Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay Fr $133+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3-Star Mercure Cardiff Centre Fr $86+/Nt Expedia
- Cardiff Marriott on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $232+/Nt — $232 Expedia
- May deal: Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North Fr $103+/Nt — $103 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Cardiff this May Fr $153+/Nt — $153 Expedia