Llandaff Cathedral Review
In a suburb that retains its village feeling, you can visit this cathedral, which was repaired after serious bomb damage in World War II. The cathedral includes the work of a number of Pre-Raphaelites as well as Christ in Majesty, a 15-foot-tall aluminum figure by sculptor Jacob Epstein (1880-1959). From Cardiff, cross the River Taff and follow Cathedral Road for about 2 mile. Guided tours are available by arrangement.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $161 & Up: The Angel 4-Star Hotel in Cardiff Expedia
- Book the Hilton Cardiff 3 Nts in May Fr $187+/Nt Expedia
- Cardiff Marriott on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $232+/Nt — $232 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Cardiff this May Fr $153+/Nt — $153 Expedia
- May deal: Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North Fr $103+/Nt — $103 Expedia
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
Traveling to Europe at the end of the month for 10 days, planing to spend 5 days in London and then we where thinking Budepest or Brussels. Read more
· News & Features
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday. ... Read more
You may know about its idyllic green, pastoral landscapes, but Wales is full of surprises—from mushroom... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more