Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- combines luxury and informality: great food
- not a quiet retreat
- on a busy road
- quality of restaurant can vary
Check Rates from our Partners
This pub has spent a small fortune on renovating its superb bedrooms, which combine cool design and true comfort. They come equipped with state-of-the-art entertainment systems (you can even watch your plasma TV from your bath). The downstairs bar is warm, welcoming, and serves decent food and real ale. The hotel is just a mile from the city center in Llandaff, which has a village atmosphere.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
Apparently the UK loves sleeping in trees—the treehouse hotel trend has swept the region, making ... Read more
Lush and rugged Wales is never more inviting than when summer temps get to the point of stifling back... Read more
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday.... Read more