Getting Here and Around
Merthyr Mawr is signposted from the A48 and B4524, 7 mi southwest of junction 35 on the M4. The nearest train station is in Bridgend. There is no bus service to the village.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Campanile Cardiff on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $60+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Cardiff this May Fr $163+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Book Mercure Cardiff Centre 3 Nts in May Fr $87+/Nt — $87 Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Cardiff this May Fr $105+/Nt — $105 Save with Expedia, $19/night less
- Cardiff Savings! Book at Novotel Cardiff Centre Fr $154+/Nt — $154 Expedia