Great Orme Review
Named for the Norse word meaning "sea monster," the 679-foot headland called Great Orme towers over Llandudno, affording extraordinary views over the bay.
Grand Orme Aerial Cable Car. This cable car zips you one mile to the top of Grand Orme in no time. At the summit there's an artificial ski slope and a toboggan run, both usable all year. Happy Valley Rd., LL30 2XF. 01492/879306. £7 round-trip. Easter-Sept., daily 10-4:30.
Great Orme Tramway. The most picturesque way to reach the summit of Grande Orme is the Great Orme Tramway. Trips depart about every 20 minutes. The summit is a sylvan spot, with open grassland, fields of wildflowers, and rare butterflies. Victoria Station, Church Walks, LL30 2NB. 01492/879306. www.greatormetramway.co.uk. £6 round-trip. Late Mar. and Oct., daily 10-5; Apr.-Sept. daily 10-6.
- Address: Llandudno
- Location: Llandudno
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Campanile Cardiff in May: $73 & Up Expedia
- Cardiff Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $83+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Cardiff: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $111+/Nt — $111 Save with Expedia, $19/night less
- Save at 4-Star Cardiff Marriott: $234 & Up in May — $234 Expedia
- Book 4-Star Mercure Cardiff Holland House and Spa Fr $156+/Nt — $156 Expedia
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
With many thanks to many posters here who commented in my earlier thread: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-weeks-w-6-year-old-in-uk.cfm
I didn't want to disappear into the ether and i wanted to Read more
Back a week ago Friday and am finally caught up, ready to start the TR.
Background: Some you have read my trip report of last year's journey to scatter Mom and Dad's ashes at the Lake of Menteith, tou Read more
· News & Features
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday.... Read more
You may know about its idyllic green, pastoral landscapes, but Wales is full of surprises—from mushroom... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more