Llechwedd Slate Caverns
Llechwedd Slate Caverns Review
At these caverns you can descend 500 feet on Britain's deepest underground railway to a mine where you can walk by an eerie underground lake. Here Victorian working conditions have been re-created, and the tour gives a good idea of the difficult lives the miners had to endure. Above are a re-created Victorian village and slate-splitting demonstrations; new zip wire attractions are also scheduled to open by the end of 2014. Wear sturdy footwear—during busy times you may have to climb 70 steps as part of the tour.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's