Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- magnificent location above Tremadog Bay
- great restaurant
- low ceilings in some rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Maes-y-Neuadd Review
Eight acres of gardens and parkland create a glorious setting for this luxurious manor house dating from the 14th century. Walls of local granite, oak-beam ceilings, and an inglenook fireplace add character. The bedrooms come in different sizes, each with their own idiosyncratic style. A few have four-poster or half-tester beds. The restaurant serves tasty, locally sourced dishes such as braised lamb with roasted vegetables, or a traditional Welsh cawl (a hearty stew) with a tomato and onion casserole. The hotel is 3½ miles northeast of Harlech.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
I will impose again on the community for a little more London input. Read more
· News & Features
Apparently the UK loves sleeping in trees—the treehouse hotel trend has swept the region, making ... Read more
Lush and rugged Wales is never more inviting than when summer temps get to the point of stifling back... Read more
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday.... Read more