Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- magnificent location above Tremadog Bay
- great restaurant
- low ceilings in some rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Maes-y-Neuadd Review
Eight acres of gardens and parkland create a glorious setting for this luxurious manor house dating from the 14th century. Walls of local granite, oak-beam ceilings, and an inglenook fireplace add character. The bedrooms come in different sizes, each with their own idiosyncratic style. A few have four-poster or half-tester beds. The restaurant serves tasty, locally sourced dishes such as braised lamb with roasted vegetables, or a traditional Welsh cawl (a hearty stew) with a tomato and onion casserole. The hotel is 3½ miles northeast of Harlech.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
Apparently the UK loves sleeping in trees—the treehouse hotel trend has swept the region, making ... Read more
Lush and rugged Wales is never more inviting than when summer temps get to the point of stifling back... Read more
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday.... Read more