Lake Vyrnwy Hotel
At a Glance
- perfect for outdoor pursuits
- dramatic lakeside location
- luxurious spa
- too remote for some
- minimum stay on some summer weekends
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Review
Awesome views of mountain-ringed Lake Vyrnwy are just one asset of this country mansion on a 24,000-acre estate. For the ultimate sporting vacation you can play tennis, hike on the nearby paths, or rent a sailboat. The less energetic can linger in the superb spa, which offers a range of massage treatments and has a pool overlooking the lake. Leather chairs and log fires add to the feeling of luxury, and the bedrooms are full of pampering touches. The sophisticated contemporary cuisine includes seasonal game and lamb from the estate's own flock.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay Fr $151+/Nt Expedia
- Cardiff Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $60+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Cardiff: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $87+/Nt — $87 Expedia
- May deal: Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North Fr $105+/Nt — $105 Save with Expedia, $19/night less
- Book in Cardiff: Save this May Fr $163+/Nt — $163 Expedia
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
I am thinking of going on a tour across Britain and Ireland next year.
I've done lots of research, but I'm not sure which tour company to use....since I have read negative and positive reviews for each Read more
· News & Features
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday.... Read more
You may know about its idyllic green, pastoral landscapes, but Wales is full of surprises—from mushroom... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more