Getting Here and Around
Anglesey is linked to the mainland by the A55 and A5. The roads on the island are in good condition, and there's a relatively extensive bus network. Ferries and catamarans to Ireland leave from Holyhead, on the island's western side.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Special deal: 3-Star Mercure Cardiff Centre Fr $85+/Nt Expedia
- $184 & Up: The Angel 4-Star Hotel in Cardiff Expedia
- Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay in May: $150 & Up — $150 Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Cardiff this May Fr $108+/Nt — $108 Save with Expedia, $19/night less
- Mercure Cardiff Holland House and Spa in May: $159 & Up — $159 Expedia