Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- atmospheric building
- friendly staff
- good food
- wedding parties dominate in summer
- beds a bit creaky
Check Rates from our Partners
The Swan Review
Once a coaching inn, this sophisticated lodging on the edge of town retains its sense of history. Rooms are decorated in classic red and gold color schemes with heavy wood furniture, and the stable block to the rear still has the nameplates of its last residents fixed over the doors. The restaurant serves hearty Welsh breakfasts and excellent, if pricey, modern European cuisine in the evening. When the weather's fine, the small garden is a lovely spot for an evening drink.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We will have 10 days to do some touring from the beginning of May.
We will depart from London and had been thinking to head north. Visiting York and heading to the Lakes District. Is this a good choice? Read more
· News & Features
Apparently the UK loves sleeping in trees—the treehouse hotel trend has swept the region, making ... Read more
Lush and rugged Wales is never more inviting than when summer temps get to the point of stifling back... Read more
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday.... Read more