Also known as Llandod, the old spa town of Llandrindod Wells preserves its Victorian look with turrets, cupolas, loggias, and balustrades everywhere. Cross over to South Crescent, passing the Glen Usk Hotel with its wrought-iron balustrade and the Victorian bandstand in the gardens opposite, and you reach Middleton Street, a Victorian thoroughfare. From there, head to Rock Park and the path that leads to the Pump Room. This historic building is now an alternative health center, but visitors can freely "take the waters."
Llandrindod Wells at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Special deal: 3-Star Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay Fr $151+/Nt Expedia
- Cardiff Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $195+/Nt Expedia
- Campanile Cardiff on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $60+/Nt — $60 Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Cardiff this May Fr $163+/Nt — $163 Expedia
- Small budget: Book Mercure Cardiff Centre 3 Nts in May Fr $87+/Nt — $87 Expedia