Mid-Wales Travel Guide
Fodor's England 2013
Traditional market towns and country villages, small seaside resorts, quiet roads, and rolling landscapes filled with sheep farms, forests, and lakes make up Mid-Wales, the country's green and rural heart. There are no cities here—the area's largest town is barely more than a big village. Outside of one or two towns, such as Aberystwyth and Llandrindod Wells, accommodations are mainly country inns, small hotels, and rural farmhouses. This area also has some splendid country-house hotels.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Mid-Wales restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Mid-Wales
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Save in Cardiff: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $154+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Cardiff: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $87+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at The Angel Fr $194+/Nt — $194 Expedia
- Book 4-Star Copthorne Cardiff Caerdydd in Cardiff Fr $120+/Nt — $120 Save with Expedia, $21/night less
- May deal: Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North Fr $105+/Nt — $105 Save with Expedia, $19/night less
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday.... Read more
You may know about its idyllic green, pastoral landscapes, but Wales is full of surprises—from mushroom... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more