Wales Travel Guide
Clinging to the western edge of England, Wales is green and ruggedly beautiful, with mountainous inland scenery reaching out to a magnificent coastline. With the exception of the engaging capital, Cardiff, and the tough, industrial city of Swansea, this is an entirely rural region, and one more lowkey and less visited except for certain beauty spots. It's worth seeking out if you appreciate subtler attractions such as bucolic market towns, industrial heritage sights, and country inns though the country is properly famous for its stunning national parks and castles.
Cities in Wales
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday.... Read more
You may know about its idyllic green, pastoral landscapes, but Wales is full of surprises—from mushroom... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Cardiff Marriott Fr $233+/Nt Expedia
- Cardiff Savings! Book at Novotel Cardiff Centre Fr $154+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Book Mercure Cardiff Centre 3 Nts in May Fr $87+/Nt — $87 Expedia
- Cardiff Savings! Book at Copthorne Cardiff Caerdydd Fr $120+/Nt — $120 Save with Expedia, $21/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Cardiff this May Fr $163+/Nt — $163 Expedia
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more