- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boat trips along the Manavgat River can be arranged either from the harbor at Side or from the town of Manavgat (on Route 400, 1 km [½ mi] east of the turnoff for Side). Prices vary widely according to the length of the trip and whether food is provided; you should definitely bargain. Times often change, but a boat also usually leaves each morning about 9 am for Alanya—check the evening before at the sales desk (No phone) in the middle of the small Side harborfront. Boats stop to let you swim, and some arrange for activities such as jet skiing, waterskiing, or water parachuting; be warned, however, that not all the operators are properly licensed or insured, and serious accidents have occurred.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Boat Trips
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's