- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Barut Hotel Acanthus
At a Glance
- good beach location not too far from town
- well run
- typical international package tourist resort
Barut Hotel Acanthus Review
This older four-story hotel is done in Mediterranean style, with whitewashed walls, dark-wood trim and terraces, a red-tile roof, and direct access to a fine sand beach. It's one of a large cluster of hotels on the beach, just west of central Side. Rooms are comfortable if unimpressive. The same family runs the slightly older Cennet Hotel (an option if you can't get a room at Acanthus), and the two share a garden. The owners also sponsor the Aspendos Opera and Ballet Festival in June, so you may find both hotels full of musicians at that time.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more