- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- location, location... location
- average rooms
Meri Hotel Review
Built in 1973, this hotel was the first—and last—to be allowed by the government to set up shop on the famed Ölüdeniz lagoon. Built on a steep incline amid terraced gardens, overlooking one of Turkey's most beautiful bays, the site is a delight. Rooms are another story: although clean enough, they're small and somewhat down-at-the-heel, and overpriced, though most, but not all, have balconies with suberb sea views. To reach many of them involves riding up a rickety furnicular lift—or lots of stairs. The public areas are the main attraction, and there's a pretty pool area with the lagoon beach across the road from the main hotel.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more