- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Samandag and Seleuceia ad Pieria
Samandag and Seleuceia ad Pieria Review
South of the city, you'll find a beach at Samandag (also known as Çevlik Beach), as well as tasty but inexpensive fish restaurants. You'll also find the scant remains of Antioch's old port, Seleuceia ad Pieria. The real attraction here is a large underground water channel, 1,400 meters (1,526 yards) long, which was built entirely by hand in the 1st century AD to prevent flooding. Nearby there are some large rock tombs.
- Address: 28 km (17 mi) south of Antakya, Antakya
- Location: Antakya (Antioch)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha ... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more