- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hadrian's Gate Review
One way to enter the old town is via Hadrian's Gate, a short walk from the main Saat Kulesi intersection, along the pleasant palm-lined Atatürk Caddesi outside the eastern edge of the old town walls. The gate was constructed in honor of a visit by the Roman emperor in AD 130 and has three arches, each with coffered ceilings decorated with rosettes. Ruts in the marble road show where carts once trundled through. From here a straight Roman road leads through town past Kesik Minare Camii to the Hıdırlık Külesi and the sea.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more