- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hotel Villa Mahal
At a Glance
- posh rooms and public areas
- stunning location
- a long way trek down to the beach
Hotel Villa Mahal Review
Clinging to a cliff face with a wraparound view of Kalkan Bay, this immaculate establishment is one of Turkey's most spectacular hotels. A gorgeous pool juts out into the air, making swimming feel like flying, and the beach club at the bottom of the cliff offers many water sports. A hotel boat will run you five minutes across the bay to Kalkan Harbor if you want an evening in town. Be ready, however, for the 181 steps from top to bottom, and be aware that the long balcony in front of the picture windows of the standard double rooms also serves as a public walkway. If there is anywhere in the world to splash out on a great room, this is it. Try the Sunset Suite with its spacious layout and blue mosaic hot tub.
- Address: Patara Evler Yani, about 2 km (1 mi) east of Kalkan. Down and around signposted road. Take care on precipitous last approach, Kalkan | Map It
- Phone: 242/844–3268
- Website: www.villamahal.com
- Location: Kalkan
- 12 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
At rather short notice we're planning to visit Turkey in late January. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more