- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mehmet Ali Ağa Konağı
At a Glance
- absolutely beautiful
- delicious food
- Small "cupboard" bathrooms in the mansion
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Mehmet Ali Ağa Konağı Review
A stay in this restored mansion offers the unique chance to experience the lifestyle and surroundings of a 19th-century Ottoman nobleman. The owners have lovingly re-created five rooms in the main mansion that are works of art in themselves, fitting excellent modern bathrooms behind the original woodwork, restoring old wall paintings, and choosing fine antiques to match. Standard rooms are large but in a modern stone building, though situated around a lovely garden. The details are faultless, right down to the use of nearly 1 million custom-made iron nails. The Pasha's Ottoman Hammam has also been restored, and is available to guests. Reserve at least one month in advance in July and August. The hotel also arranges hikes and trips to ancient sites and has a shuttle to Datça, the beach, and the airport. The owners recently opened the Alamango, a large house in Eski Datça with four large luxury suites and an art gallery–a great option for quality without the crowds
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more