- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Karain Cave Review
Archaeological digs have proven that Karain Cave was inhabited as far back as the Paleolithic Age, making it one of the oldest settlements in Turkey. Later it seems to have become a religious center for primitive man. Many of the Karain finds—stone implements, bones of people and animals, and fossilized remains, including those of hippopotamuses—are on display in Antalya Museum, but there is also a small museum on the edge of the high meadow where the cave is located. Part of the cave itself is electrically lighted and open to the public; this is a small site, however, and probably only worth stopping at if you have time after seeing Termessos.
- Address: 1 km (½ mi) north of the Termessos turnoff from E87,
- Cost: 5 TL
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 8–5
- Location: Termessos
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It is 10:15PM in this part of the globe. Read more
My wife, Joanne and I (from London, Ontario, Canada) went on our first "Bus Tour" and our first tour organized by Gate 1 Travel through a recommendation of a friend, Larry (from North Carolina) in late Read more
I know this is a long shot however, Im wondering if someone can offer up any advice?
My friend and I will be in Europe for about 3 month's, the main places we are going are
Barcelona, Ibiza, Nice France, Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more