- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Levissi Garden Wine House and Restaurant
Levissi Garden Wine House and Restaurant Review
What was once the house of a prosperous Greek merchant is now a fine restaurant specializing in steak and an ultra-tender lamb kleftiko (the latter is marinated in wine and slowed cooked in a 400-year-old oven). The wine cellar has more than 10,000 bottles, including a good selection of Turkish wines. On hot summer days, you can take refuge in the cool basement; at night, the restaurant floodlights the abandoned buildings all around, creating an atmosphere that is romantic or spooky, depending on your take. Free transportation is available to/from hotels in the Fethiye–Ölüdeniz area.
- Address: Kayaköy, near western ticket office, Kaya
- Phone: 252/618–0173
- Location: Kaya
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It is 10:15PM in this part of the globe. Read more
My wife, Joanne and I (from London, Ontario, Canada) went on our first "Bus Tour" and our first tour organized by Gate 1 Travel through a recommendation of a friend, Larry (from North Carolina) in late Read more
My wife and I are looking to travel to the following destination August 2015. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more