The Turquoise Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to The Turquoise Riviera
Take a Blue Cruise. Sail into the turquoise waters of remote and pristine bays on your own chartered yacht.
Trek the Lycian Way. Choose a one-day or multiday hike along this long-distance trail that runs parallel to much of the Turquoise Coast, from the coastal mountain forests to untouched beaches.
See spectacular ruins. Explore the ruins of some of the most spectacular ancient cities in the world—from mountaintop Termessos, to overgrown Olympos, and the extraordinarily intact Roman theater at Aspendos.
Appreciate the landscape. Rugged pine-clad mountains plunge into a vibrant blue sea that's broken by remote peninsulas and distant Greek islands.
Luxuriate in gorgeous lodgings. Relax in a beautifully Ottoman nobleman's mansion-turned-hotel on the wild and rugged Datça peninsula.
Beaches. Some of the Mediterranean's most perfect beaches, protected from development by national parks, sea turtles sanctuary, and ruins; lie on your sun bed or plunge from a floating diving platform.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's