This busy harborside fish restaurant is popular with Göcek natives because the large interior space is open year round—and wi-fi access is free. Though it moved into a new building in 2011, Can has been around for more than 15 years and is a town institution. In summer, the seating extends out toward the waterfront, under broad tropical trees. Specialties (like fish baked in salt) are typical, but the pride of the menu is its selection of 30 starters, including tuna with onion sauce and cheese, served with arugula salad. The homemade bread is delicious, and wild mountains mushrooms are served as a side dish in spring and fall.
- Address: Western edge of municipal harbor, Göcek
- Phone: 252/645–1507
- Location: Göcek
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is my trip report from my 2 night side trip from Istanbul during my 58th home exchange: http://altecockertravels.weebly.com/canakkale-gallipoli-and-troy.h... Read more
I sought input before leaving for my third trip to Europe and I thank those who contributed. As a trip report, I offer my travel blog ... Read more