When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
The ideal months on the Turquoise Riviera are May-June and September-October. Summers can be hot and humid, especially in July and August, and that's also when the beaches tend to be fuller and waterfront discos pump out their most egregious levels of noise.
Alanya and Side stay warmest longest. They're also best visited when charter tourists are least likely to be about, before or after the high season.
Along the Lycian coast, expect thunderstorms after late-October and an average 12 days of rain per month in December and January, otherwise, while not swimming weather, it can be sunshine and T-shirts. Snow graces mountain peaks well into May, a magnificent site across the ocean from Antalya and Fethiye. While not a winter sun destination, it rarely drops below freezing on the coast. Some hotels stay open between mid-December and March, often with limited facilities.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's