- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In the 1980s, Kaş, with its beautiful wide, island-filled bay, was the main tourist destination on the Lycian coast, but it has since fallen somewhat by the wayside, lacking a real beach and A-list attractions. This has, fortunately, kept away the worst overdevelopment of the last few years, and now Kas is now being rediscovered, with many restaurants and regular visitors migrating from Kalkan. There are excellent hotels and restaurants, the location is relatively central and the size is about right, making it a good stop on your way along the coast.
Other excursion options include Simena and Kekova Sound; Demre, site of the old church of St. Nicholas of Christmas fame; or Patara and Patara Beach. Be aware that high winds can make for a very rough ride, particularly round the cape to Kekova.
Kaş at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Turquoise Coast
- Antakya (Antioch)
- Datça Peninsula
- Demre (Kale)
- Eski Datça and Reshadiye
- Finike and Arycanda
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's