- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hüsnü Baba'nın Yeri
Hüsnü Baba'nın Yeri Review
Tucked away from the water on a vine-covered cobblestone backstreet in Ayvalık's market area, "Father Hüsnü's Place" has friendly service, cheap prices, and tasty food. The rice-stuffed mussels, zucchini fritters, lightly fried papalina (a small local fish), potatoes croquette, calamari, and deniz börülcesi (samphire) in olive oil all go well with a glass of rakı or beer. Plan on a late dinner (it doesn't open until 9 pm, at least in summer), and get a seat outside for the best atmosphere.
- Address: Tenekeciler Sok. 16, Ayvalık, 10400
- Phone: 0266/312–8714
- Location: Ayvalık
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It is 10:15PM in this part of the globe. Read more
My wife, Joanne and I (from London, Ontario, Canada) went on our first "Bus Tour" and our first tour organized by Gate 1 Travel through a recommendation of a friend, Larry (from North Carolina) in late Read more
I am in the planning stages of a trip that I would like to take in October 2014 to Istanbul and Athens. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more