Bursa Kent Müzesi (Bursa City Museum)
Bursa Kent Müzesi (Bursa City Museum) Review
At Heykel, in the city center right behind the statue, this is a showcase for local history and handicrafts. Among the exhibits are impressive recreations of sections in a traditional bazaar, such as those for silk weavers and knife makers, artifacts relating to the history of Bursa and its first five sultans, and to Atatürk during the independence war. Clothing, household items, and dioramas of life at home, school, and in the hamam are also on show. The exhibits are in Turkish, so get one of the English-language headsets at the entrance, though the audio does not provide full narration.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's