- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A popular spa since Roman times, Termal is a good stop if you're en route between Yalova and either İznik or Bursa. The springs were used by the Ottomans, refurbished in 1900 by Sultan Abdül Hamid II, and regularly visited by Atatürk in the 1920s and 1930s. Termal is a self-contained resort with three hotels (Çamlık, Çınar, and Thermal), exotic gardens, a huge swimming pool, and four historic bath houses offer many options for soaking in the mineral-rich waters. The hotels also have private baths for guests only. Avoid summer weekends, when the place is absolutely packed and the crowds will probably outweigh the baths' relaxing properties—anyway, the hot baths are more appealing, and the rates cheaper, in other seasons. Also consider a walk in the pine forests, where you can enjoy a packed lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It is 10:15PM in this part of the globe. Read more
My wife, Joanne and I (from London, Ontario, Canada) went on our first "Bus Tour" and our first tour organized by Gate 1 Travel through a recommendation of a friend, Larry (from North Carolina) in late Read more
My wife and I are looking to travel to the following destination August 2015. Read more