- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Akropolis Guest House
At a Glance
- near Red Basilica and Acropolis
- downstairs rooms may get noise from pool and common areas
Check Rates from our Partners
Akropolis Guest House Review
This is a quiet hotel at the edge of town, near the Kızıl Avlu (Red Basilica), and is a good choice for its good value and pleasant atmosphere. Rooms vary in size and are clean and comfortable, with sturdy wood furniture and colorful fabrics, and a summer stay is enhanced by the small pool. Between April and October, good, home-cooked dinners are served on request in the leafy garden or in a small upstairs pavilion. An expansion is underway, which will include a new courtyard and large family rooms, and it should be completed by summer 2014.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more