- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- quiet and intimate
- nice garden
- good food
- on the edge of Behramkale, about 10 minutes' walk from the Acropolis
- easier to reach with own transportation
Eris Pansiyon Review
You'll feel more like a friend than a paying guest in the 250-year-old stone house that American retiree Emily Vickers operates as a pansiyon. Rooms are tastefully decorated and there's no end of hospitable touches: bookshelves full of English-language books, homemade cake and tea in the afternoons, and delicious breakfasts served on the terrace in nice weather. The Eris is closed when the owners sometimes visit the U.S., so call ahead.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more