- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
If you're coming from Ayvalık, drive 44 km (27 mi) south on the E87 and then turn off following the signs to Bergama, a further 10 km (6 mi).
The Bergama bus terminal is 5 mi out of the city center, but there's a free shuttle service that stops near the post office and basilica in the center of the old town. There's also minibus service for TL 1.5. In other words, if a taxi driver tells you there's no bus service and tries to charge you TL 25 for the short trip, know that there are other options—or bargain with him.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe