- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
If you're driving, İznik is 190 km (118 mi) from Istanbul via Rte. 100 or E80 to İzmit and Rte. 130 to Yalova; it's 60 km (37 mi) east from Yalova via Route 595. Or take the ferry from Istanbul's Yenikapı terminal to Yalova (1 hour). The ferry trip lops 140 km (87 mi) off the journey.
There are several buses (the 46A and 69 run the most frequently) that run from Cumhuriyet Caddesi (Republic Street) near Taksim Square to Istanbul's Yenikapı terminal.
Once you arrive in Yalova by ferry, if you don't have your own car, exit the ferry port, turn right and walk about 50 meters past the police station to the minibus station on your right. Destinations are clearly displayed in the bus windows, and you'll find the bus to İznik near a series of buildings on your right. The trip from Yalova to İznik costs about $5.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe