- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tours are an excellent way to see the sites of Gallipoli.
The Gallipoli Peninsula lies to the north of the Dardanelles. Turks call it Gelibolu—though there's also a town of the same name 40 km (25 mi) east. Thirty-one beautifully tended military cemeteries of the Allied dead from World War I line the Gallipoli battlefields. The major battles were in two main areas—along the coast between Kabatepe and Suvla Bay, and at Cape Helles.
Gallipoli at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Sea of Marmara and the North Aegean
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe