The Sea of Marmara and the North Aegean Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Two Days Around the Sea of Marmara
If you leave Istanbul by ferry early enough to be in Yalova by midmorning, you can catch a bus or drive to İznik and have lunch by the lake and visit the Tiles Foundation by the lakeside road. Then head into the center of town to visit Yeşil Cami and Sancta Sophia. If you leave İznik by late afternoon, you'll be in Bursa in the early evening. Spend the second day sightseeing in Bursa—don't miss Yeşil Cami, the Covered Bazaar, the Muradiye Tombs, and the city museum. For lunch, make sure to try the İskender kebap. If you have time, you can take the cable car to Mt. Uludağ and enjoy the view of its pine-clad hills. Return to Yalova in the early evening and catch the last ferry back to Yenikapı terminal in Istanbul.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's