The Sea of Marmara and the North Aegean Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to The Sea of Marmara and the North Aegean
İznik tiles: Watch the craftswomen engraving on quartz; buy some to take home.
Spend quality time in Bursa: Visit the Yeşil Cami (Green Mosque), stroll the covered bazaar, and make sure to try the local kebab specialty: İskender kebap.
Gallipoli: See the battlefields and moving memorials where one of the key campaigns of the First World War was fought.
Explore Mount Ida: Hike among the pine forests and waterfalls, and stay in one of the area's boutique hotels.
Troy: Visit the ruins of this 5,000-year-old city, where more than nine layers of civilization have been uncovered.
Pergamum: Explore this spectacular showcase of the classical period, second in Turkey only to Ephesus.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's