The Sea of Marmara and the North Aegean Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to The Sea of Marmara and the North Aegean
İznik tiles Watch the craftswomen engraving on quartz; buy some to take home.
Spend quality time in Bursa Visit the Yeşil Cami (Green Mosque), stroll the covered bazaar, and make sure to try the local kebab specialty: İskender kebap.
Gallipoli See the battlefields and moving memorials where one of the key campaigns of the First World War was fought.
Explore Mount Ida Hike among the pine forests and waterfalls, and stay in one of the area's boutique hotels.
Troy Visit the ruins of this 5,000-year-old city, where more than nine layers of civilization have been uncovered.
Pergamum Explore this spectacular showcase of the classical period, second in Turkey only to Ephesus.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe