- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Eceabat, on the Aegean coast, is the closest town to the most-visited battlefields and cemeteries. From where the Eceabat ferry lands on the northern front (car ferries make the 25-minute crossing from Çanakkale to Eceabat every hour until midnight in both directions), it's a 20-minute drive east via the single road skirting the coast and then crossing the peninsula to get to the town itself. The town is small and most of the restaurants and hotels listed here (except for the Hotelu Kum) are along the waterfront.
Eceabat at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Sea of Marmara and the North Aegean
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's