- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
By car from Bursa, Route 200 (which becomes E90) runs west toward Çanakkale; the trip is 303 km (188 mi) and takes about 3½ hours. If you're heading for Çanakkale from İstanbul, take E80 west to Tekirda, the E84 to Keşan, and the E87 to Eceabat. From Çanakkale, the E87 goes through Troy, Ezine, Ayvalık, Küçükkuyu, Edremit, and Ayvacık. Ezine is 50 km from Çanakkale, and from there you can take the coast road west to Geyikli, where ferries run to Bozcaada, or to Alexandra Troas, Apollon Sminthion, Babakale, and Assos, all farther south. This is a coastal road that runs through villages; it's a bit rough and winding, but quite scenic and enjoyable.
The bus trip from Istanbul to Çanakkale is about 6 hours and costs $35. From Bursa to Çanakkale is 4½ hours and costs about $14.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's